Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Bright colors & Fun personalities

Happy Wednesday everyone! :) Hope y'all are having a lovely week thus far and that the rest of your week is just as lovely!

This post is a little after-the-fact, but I felt like sharing today because I have four pictures to include in this post! Last week, I decided to buy my wonderful friend, Stephanie, some flowers & drop them off for her while she was at work. Just a pure act of kindness and wanting to share my love for her! :) She has been such a blessing and just recently walked into my life last month. I absolutely love her and know that we are going to become great friends. 

She reminds me so much of my amazing cousin, Hannah. I see Hannah in her every time I am with her and get all happy inside because it's like Hannah is here with me. Hannah if you are reading this right now, I hope you know that I am always thinking about you, every day. And Kelsey, the same goes with you because when I think of Hannah, I immediately think of you :) I couldn't ask for better cousins whom I love and adore so much. Thank you for being so supportive, loving, caring and just being wonderful cousins. I love y'all very much and miss you both like nobody's business. 

Back to the flowers story... So I picked up these flowers and dropped them off where Stephanie works right before she left for lunch. I actually almost missed her! It was crazy-good timing because she was literally about to drive off right as I turned the corner! But I made it in just the knick of time :) 


*****

I also bought myself a bouquet of colorful flowers in addition to buying Stephanie's flowers! I am all about bright colors whether it's in the flowers I purchase, the clothes I wear, the home apparel my apartment is decorated in, the painting I am creating, the running shoes I buy for working out in, or the food I am cooking. I am very fond of bright & vivid colors because they make me happy.



*****

If you don't mind me saying, I do believe my personality is like an explosion of bright colors. Not to toot my own horn, but I would say my personality is one of my favorite things about me. You can either agree or disagree and I won't mind a bit :) My best friend from high school Lindsay Berg knitted a scarf for me and the note she left along with it said something along the lines of this: "Kelly, your personality is bright and eccentric just like this scarf I knitted for you..." (I define eccentric as odd and unusual in a good way) haha. Here is evidence of said scarf: 


*****

The last, bright and colorful item I'd like to share with you is the most colorful quilt I own! It is a purse/handbag quilt hand crafted by my Aunt Suzie :) She's the best quilter ever and that might be a little biased, but whatever. I adore this quilt because there are so many colors and patterns going on. It sums up my life and personality in a heartbeat! Thank you Aunt Suzie for the most thoughtful 16th birthday present EVER. :) 


Well, that was a little taste of Kelly's bright & colorful personality boasting! Forgive me if I was being too confident, cocky or selfish today. I do believe a little boasting is good for the soul because it does in fact boost confidence and I am also reminded to remain humble every day. Thanks for stopping by and I hope y'all have an awesome day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment