Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Twilight Zone

Howdy folks! :)

Wow, these last few weeks (since my last post) have been such a blur! Actually, I feel like I have been in the Twilight Zone where I don't know what month, day or date it is without asking for clarification from friends. Yeah, weird I know.

I have literally, not figuratively, been working for a month straight since Valentines day. When I say working, I mean upgrading/training to perform my Air Force job and then actually doing my job after said upgrading/training. Quite frankly, the point I am trying to get at is I have been running around like a chicken with its head cut off! But it's been such an awesome experience! :) I love it.

Also, when I am not doing the above, I have been remodeling a house and a four plex with my awesome friends, Clark, Josh, Matt, and a few others! :) And let me tell you, this experience has also been awesome!! I have learned so much about what it takes to give a house a complete make-over.

Here is a list of things I have accomplished at both properties:
~interior painting/edging
~put down a "floating" floor (its like a puzzle of linoleum)
~ripped up carpet from three rooms
~removed wallpaper (this took multiple days)
~texturized the wallpaper removal wall
~painted multiple doors/windows

Now that I think about it, that list doesn't seem very long, but it is way more than I have ever done involving a project like this! Even though these aren't my properties, I have honestly taken both of them under my wing and can't wait to see the end results :) The completion & tenant occupancy for both of these properties will definitely call for a celebration and I look forward to that!

I must bid you all ado for now, but until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment