Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Celebrate Life

Happy Tuesday y'all! :)

Just another day in the Life of Kelly: working, training, eating, sleeping, cooking, laughing,  and hanging out with friends! You know, the usual.

Last night, I went over to a Heather's house and spent some quality time with her, Kayla and Kayla's parents! :) I had a blast with them. Dad was cooking dinner, and of the course the girls were socializing over a glass of wine or a nice cold one depending on what you were in the mood for, so naturally I had a Blue Moon with Kayla! Duh. It was definitely nice having dinner with them as a family under the same roof. And yes, that was the first time I ever met Kayla's parents, but they welcomed me like another daughter! I have noticed a trend in regards to that...Friends' parents always welcome me graciously as if I could be their adopted child! It's a great feeling. So I want to thank my parents for raising me right, teaching me manners, being polite, and being a social butterfly, which has allowed other parents to take me under their wing :)

If I miss one thing about being away from home it is having dinner with mom, dad and Jamie all under the same roof. In today's society, I feel like it is hard to come by families who still eat at the dinner table, together, as a family. Seems like families just eat in front of the TV nowadays, or with some sort of technology in their faces rather than interacting with each other without the iPhone, Fablet, iPad, or computer. Anyways, I just miss eating good food with great people.

Off my soap box now and onto the original point of this blog post.

Celebrate life people! Celebrate it every second, every minute, every hour, every day! Just do it. This is such an awesome life we have been given the opportunity to live, so live it up! Don't let a moment pass you by when you could dance like crazy, run through the rain, play in the snow, laugh until your stomach hurts, make someone's day just by smiling at them, picking up an instrument and learning how to play it, cooking for friends, reading a new book, going for a run, or when you can just be still and silent and know that God is there.

If I have learned one thing within these past couple of months, it is this: being happy 99% of the time makes life that much brighter and so much better! Smiling, laughing and snorting are like my three favorite things about me and I make sure to share that with everyone I surround myself with at that time! Make sure you surround yourself with great people who lift you up and support your goals/ambitions/dreams. Hakuna matata: Don't worry, be happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment