Sunday, January 13, 2013

Part five: C.O.M.M.I.T.M.E.N.T




New and old relationships (part four if you missed it is found here) require commitment, hence my next & final part of my 2013 Ambitions series. Commitment is a strong word. It’s a promise to another person in your life. It’s like a seed blossoming into a flower: you meet someone (that’s the seed), you start talking more & more (that’s the watering), then finally after more time passes, you realize how much that person means to you because they have true value in your life (that’s the blossoming flower).

Any true relationship requires time, energy, communication, and commitment.

Part five: C.O.M.M.I.T.M.E.N.T.
Don’t let this word scare you. It scared me at first, but then I gave it a chance and started to understand the true meaning of it. Commitment doesn’t have to be a scary thing! It can, in fact, be a very amazing thing if you just give it a second thought and allow time to be on your side.

I have decided to focus more on my commitment to friends, family and God. I want to improve my relationships with the people I love and most of all, I want to create a better bond between God and myself this year. I have been lazy these last few years and that is not an excuse. My new ambition for this year is to give commitment more attention and strengthen my friendships using this simple word as part of my foundation.

One commitment I want to focus on the most is the one with our heavenly father, God. I’d like to build a stronger relationship with Him because I know He is & always will be there for me & I have been neglecting that as of late. I believe it will be a good thing for myself & for Justin to have this bond reignited. I know I can turn to Him whenever I am going through difficult times or when I just want to be thankful & grateful for another day to live in this beautiful life.

I am really looking forward to see what is to come later down the road just by giving my new & dear friend “commitment” another chance. I will not let the busyness of my life get in the way; I will put more energy into my friends, family and God.

No comments:

Post a Comment