Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Part three: H.A.P.P.I.N.E.S.S.

Do you ever get the feeling of being at "a loss for words?" That is how I am feeling right now as we speak. But I did manage to complete the next part to my 2013 Ambitions series. If you missed Part two, you can find it here.


So far we’ve mentioned life and love, which are two dynamic entities to living life well and fully. Who would have thought the next part would indeed be about happiness? Duh!

Part three: H.A.P.P.I.N.E.S.S
To be or not to be happy, that is the question. Quite frankly, I choose to be happy and that is my final answer (Regis). Happiness isn’t a gene that is passed down from your parents. In fact, it is a choice, or rather, a mindset and way of life.

My way of life through 2012 has been about 95% happiness to include positivity and optimism and 5% unhappiness. Yes, its true, people will become unhappy at some point because happiness 100% of the time is exhausting and fairly unrealistic. We all have our moments when we get upset, brood over how mad or sad we are about something, and then eventually (with time) we get over it.

I for one am a prime source to brooding in my misery for hours, sometimes even an entire day. What a perfectly wasted day. My goal ambition for 2013 is to completely encompass myself in happiness and only allow myself a window for any time I get upset about something. And that window will only be open for 30 minutes then it will be shut and I am not allowed to open it back up.

Drew Barrymore describes happiness exactly the way I like to see it: “I think happiness is what makes you pretty. Period. Happy people are beautiful. They become like a mirror and they reflect that happiness.” When you think about it, this is very true because spreading happiness is contagious to people. If you are the one that radiates happiness to others, they will remember that and want to gravitate toward you and maybe quite unexpectedly.

So, together, let’s surround ourselves with positivity and happiness and conquer our days with a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment