Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Breathe

I woke up this morning at a solid 3 o'clock a.m. wide awake and ready to conquer my Wednesday. Mind you, I went to bed at 1030 so running on only 5 & 1/2 hours of sleep is going to be interesting. Did I mention that I took a moment (15 minutes at least) to pray? (That being the important part, but I also decided to do Insanity because that was a great idea) HA!

Prayer is an amazing thing. Optimism is a wonderful character trait. A positive attitude can really make a difference. Back to my prayer at the crack of dawn this morning... Well, I prayed about a lot of things, but details need not be discussed because prayers are personal and confided within Him, but I am so glad that I took that time to share my thoughts and count my blessings with God.

I have taken a step back lately, changed lanes from the fast lane to the slow lane, and have really been focusing on breathing. Yep, breathing. You know the whole inhale oxygen, exhale carbon dioxide or whatever the process is to *breathe.* Hence the reason for the post title.

This is the biggest step back that I have taken in years and thank goodness I did it because my eyes have been opened to a lot of wonderful things. Some circumstances more difficult than others to handle, but I'm never alone. But the difficult circumstances led me to something I've never felt before and I am still trying to understand exactly what I am feeling. Maybe it's patience, or pure happiness, or just plain & simple joy with where I am at in my life. Who knows right? I don't quite understand yet, but I know patience is developing inside me and it's a trait that I have failed at seeking in the past.

My point being that life may throw huge curve balls at you, but when trust your faith with God, He will take the reins and guide you in the right direction. So don't try to run away in fear, or avoid the great things He is placing right in front of your face. Take a chance, be courageous and love yourself for He loves you more than you know.

1 comment:

  1. :) you're a great writer. i love that i can hear your voice as i read. hehe.

    ReplyDelete