Monday, February 11, 2013

Timing & Country

Happy Monday to all! :)

I do believe another fresh start to a great week is to come starting today! On another note, I love country music. I was born and raised in Texas (home is where the heart is and Texas has my heart) so loving country goes hand in hand with being born in the Lone Star state. The funny thing is, I used to loathe country music and loathe is a strong word, but it's definitely true. However, going to a public college in Texas, I revisited my disdain for country and somehow took a complete 180 degrees turn. My love for country music began when I bought my first pair of boots :) Interesting right? Well, I am so glad I gave country a second chance because I absolutely love it!

I love country music. I love my boots. I love being a country girl at heart.

Have you ever questioned the timing of certain events or circumstances in your life? I'm sure you have and you do it often. I have been prone to questioning a lot of things lately. Timing can be really awesome or really terrible. There is no grey area for timing because it either happens when you want it to or when you don't want it to.

Question for Kelly (from audience): "So why did you chose to title your post 'Timing & Country'?"

I have an answer for you. It might not make sense to you though, but that is the wonderful thing about having an imagination! A guitar + country music is probably my biggest weakness ever. My heart melts when I hear the combination of an acoustic guitar playing country songs, hence why I love country music because most, if not all, songs do just that! I was a witness to guitar playing and a Tim McGraw song, It's your love, and just about lost my noodles. (haha). Anyways, your imagination is probably wandering off into a whirlwind of ideas so enjoy that while you can.

I listen to Pandora Radio quite frequently and decided to listen to my favorite station (surprisingly not a country station) called "A Thousand Years," which is a song by Christina Perri. May I remind you that this station hardly ever scrapes the surface of playing country music. Occasionally, it will play a T. Swift song, but not a stream of my favorite country songs. Well, I turned on the tunes on good ole Pandora last night (after the guitar + Tim McGraw incident) and I kid you not, so many country songs decided to shuffle through the station. And I am not talking about just random, semi-ok country songs, I am talking about top of the line, my favorite ones. Let me just say this: It's your Love came on by Tim McGraw! Yep, scouts honor on that statement. Weirdest coincidence of timing I've ever witnessed.

That right there is the reason I titled this post as "Timing & Country" because timing really is everything and country music is one of my favorite music genres. I think it's a calling for me to go find a couple country bars to go two-stepping! So, I am looking forward to that adventure :)

1 comment:

  1. I love that I know all the details of this story and don't have to use my imagination one bit. ;P Also, your white letters on black background are making my eyeballs go crazy. Just thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete